Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Banana Nut Bread

I don't know what I was thinking when I went grocery shopping...bought tons of unripe bananas which ripened all at the same time. I haven't had the chance to eat them and it would be a waste to toss them out...Otoki? I put on my thinking cap on and viola! I thought of banana nut bread... Flour, eggs, butter, vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon, banana...darn, no baking soda and sour cream which means I have to make another trip to the supermarket... hahaha...



Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp sour cream
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside.



3. Mash banana using a fork and set aside.



4. In a separate bowl, mix eggs and sugar. Beat until light and frothy.




5. Add melted butter to the egg mixture and mix well.

6. Add vanilla and mashed bananas. Mix well.





7. Add all the dry ingredients. Make sure that everything is mixed in.




8. Transfer to an oiled loaf pan and bake for an hour. This proportion makes 1 loaf.



9. Remove from the oven and cool before removing from the baking pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment