Sunday, August 14, 2011

Buttered Shrimp, cooked my way...

Here is another recipe that has been inspired by my latest trip to the Philippines. As my friends and I were making our rounds of the usual favorite and famous eateries in Bacolod, I noticed that a lot of them serves different versions of buttered shrimp. They all tasted really nice which inspired me to try and recreate the dish. I wanted to do it my way though so I added ingredients that gives it a little bit of a kick. The result is a tangy, zesty, spicy, and finger-lickin' dish...




Ingredients:

1 lb jumbo shrimp
1/2 stick butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
juice of 1 kalamansi
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 bunch parsley, coarsely chopped
1/2 to 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.



1. Clean shrimp but leave the shells on.
2. Heat pan over medium low heat. Melt butter.
*** watch carefully so as not to burn the butter.
3. Add olive oil and garlic. Cook until garlic is done.
4. Add shrimp and cook until it turns orange in color.




5. Add paprika, parsley, red pepper flakes, and cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.



6. Add kalamansi juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
7. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment