Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Green Mango Juice


Ahhh...I think I bought too many green mangoes the other day ...the seemingly never ending supply of green mango which I have to either eat or turn into something else before they become ripe. In my opinion, mangoes that are sold in the regular store does not taste good when they ripen compared to the mangoes that grows in the Philippines. The ones here taste sweet and really delicious when they are green or semi-ripe but once they ripen they don't taste as good.

I did not want another green mangoe shake since I've had those several times last week already so I thought that maybe I will try and see what they taste like if I turn then into juise instead of a shake. I've had ripe mango juice in the past but but not green mango. I was surprised at how good the juice turned out. The result is a slightly thick juice consistency. It is a refreshing drink that will cool you down this summer.

Ingredients:

1 large green mangoe, peeled and cubed
2 Tbsp sugar ( add more if you like it sweeter)
water

1. In a blender, add diced mango and sugar.
2. Add about 1/2 a cup of water and blend until smooth.
3. Add another 2 cups of water and continue blending until they are mixed well and smooth.
4. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
5. To serve, fill a tall glass with ice. Pour mango juice. Garnish with mango slices and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment