Tuesday, August 23, 2011

No-Knead Pig in a Blanket (Sausage Rolls)

I love sausage rolls which I often get from my favorite Korean bakeshop. Theirs taste good but the problem is that it is way too greasy...Its like someone slathered it with oil or butter. This morning I was craving for it but was too lazy to go out and buy some. Then I remembered that I still have some leftover No-Knead Dough in the Kitchen... hmmm, great idea, right? So, I rummaged through my refrigerator but couldn't find any hotdog. Otoki? Looked in my pantry and found a couple of cans of vienna sausage so I used that.






Ah, not too long after, the sweet aroma of freshly baked goodie filled the entire house. The roll turned out really good. Ayayay, how come I didn't discover this No-Knead Dough earlier? It is fantastic and could eaily be adapted into a lot of recipes.

Ingredients:

1 baseball size No-Knead Dough
1 can vienna sausage or cocktail dogs
flour for dusting
1 egg yolk with 1 tsp water (for brushing on top of roll)

1. Pinch a baseball size No Knead Dough and place on floured surface. Fold 2-3 times then cover withplastic wrap. Let it rest for 20 minutes.

2. Roll the dough into a rectangular shape. Using a floured serrated knife, cut the dough into 6 equally sized triangles.

ALTERNATIVE: you can divide the dough into 6 equal parts and roll out individually.

3. Wrap dough around the sausage or hotdog. Place in baking sheet and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let it rest for 45 minutes to an hour or until it has doubled its size.

4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, paint top of the rolls with egg wash. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until it turns golden brown in color. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving dish and serve.











No comments:

Post a Comment