Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Roasted Bananas with Greek Yogurt and Honey

I had some left over Greek yogurt when I made mango lassi last week which was is perfect for this quick but filling dessert/ snack. This dish is based on a recipe from Jenny White's Three Ingredients Cookbook. This desert is simple and easy to make but very delicious. I added honey to the yogurt which made it sweet but not too sweet.

Ingredients:

2 bananas
500 ml Greek yogurt
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp roasted pecans


1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Wrap bananas in foil and bake for 20 minutes. Let it cool. Then peel and mash coarsely.
NOTE: The cookbook says peel banana and wrap in foil before baking.

3. In a bowl, mix honey and yogurt.
4. Fold in mashed bananas gently.
5. Transfer to serving dishes and top with pecans.
NOTE: The recipe calls for hazelnuts but I didn't have any so I used pecans instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment