Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Iced Lime Tea

All the food preparation this morning was making me thirsty plus it doesn't help that the weather is too warm. I cannot wait for this summer to be over though I am not really looking forward to the cold winter either. Good thing that California, especially in Los Angeles (and I mean right smack in the middle of the metropolis, sandwiched in between Hollywood and West Hollywood)area, temperature remains greater than 50s and 60s even when everywhere else in coutry is seeing temperature in the single digits. Anyways, I am so glad I had this baby chilling in the refrigerator to quench my thirst. This is a refreshing drink which is an upgrade from iced tea which are being served in resto. By the way, I used decaffeinated tea bags instead of regular ones because I really do not need the caffeine to keep me awake all night long... hehehe


Ingredients:

1 large decaffeinated tea bags (bought them from Pavilions)
1 quart water
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
sugar, according to desired sweetness

1. Steep tea in hot water. When done, remove tea bag and let it cool completely before using.
2. Once tea has cooled, add lime juice and sugar.
3. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
4. To serve, pour in ice-filled glasses and decorate with sliced lime. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment