Monday, September 5, 2011

Roasted Almond Roll with Whipped Honey Butter

I made some roasted almond butter sometime last week and I think I made too much of it so I thought of some idea on how to use it besides using it as a spread. I kinda toss the idea around of making a bread using it but wasn't really sure if it would work. Darn, I woke up early morning today dreaming of making these rolls...hahaha...Aigoo, talk about obssession, huh? Or, is it compulsion? The same thing happened when I was thinking of making mango panna cotta...I actually dreamed of making it the night before...

My plan was derailed since my sister called early this morning and asked if I could babysit my niece while my she and my brother in law take the other two kids to the ER for colds and sore throat. Babysitting was fun...my niece and I went to The Grove and walked around a little bit. We were going to eat at Cheesecake Factory but my sister called just before we stepped into the resto and said they are finished with the ER visit and ready to leave. she said we'll eat at Chinatown instead. I'd take dimsum over Amrican food anytime so off we went for lunch at Ocean Seafood Resto... Man the place was packed since today is labor day which is a holiday.

Anyways, back to my roasted almond roll...I finally got around to thawing the dough around threeish in the afternoon. I let it sit out on the counter covered with plastic wrap while I went to purchase some grocery from the store. By the time I came back, which was about an hour later, my dough was soft and ready...



Homemade Roasted Almond Butter
*** I forgot to take pictures but I promise to do it next time I make it again.

Ingredients:

1 cup almond
2 Tbsp olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Spread almond evenly on the pan.
3. Bake for about 12 minutes. Stir once or twice to prevent it from burning.
4. Remove form the oven and let it cool completely before grinding.
5. Place cooled almond in a food processor and grind. Scrape sides of the bowl
as needed and continue to process uts. Stream olive oil a little at a time until the desired creaminess is reached. Remove from bowl and place in a container.



Roasted Almond Roll with Whipped Honey Butter:

Ingredients:

Roasted Almond Roll

1 cantaloupe size No-Knead Dough (recipe here)
1/4 cup Homemade roasted almond butter
extra flour for dusting

Egg wash:
1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
1 tsp water

Honey wash:
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp water

1. Pinch a cantaloupe sized dough and set on a lightly floured surface.
2. Fold it twice then cover with lightly floured plastic wrap. Let it come to room temp (aorund 30 minutes)
3. Take the dough out of the plastic wrap, flatten then spread a litlle.
4. Place the almond butter in the middle then fold over twice or three time to make sure that almond butter is covered by the dough completely.
5. Either knead by hand or like me, use the dough hook attachment of my KitchenAid mixer to let it do the work. Knead until the almond butter is completely incorporated into the dough. By now, the dough will be soft and pliable.
6. Cover the dough with saran wrap again and leave it until it doubles in size.
7. Once the size has doubled, unwrap, flatten then divide into 8 equal parts. shape into a ball and place on the baking sheet with the seam down.
8. Let it rest for an hour.
9. 15 minutes before the resting period is up, preheat oven to 350F.
10. Brush top of the rolls with egg wash and bake for about 17-20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
11. Remove from heat and brush honey wask over the cooked rolls.

Roasted Almond Roll with Whipped Honey Butter:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup slightly softened butter (not melted)
1 Tbsp honey

1. Place butter and heney in a bowl and whip using a mixer.
2. Scrape some of the butter from the beaters and continue whipping until you have reached the desired consistency.
3. transfer to container and serve with the rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment