Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sauteed Pork with Corn and Peas



Ughhh... I woke up with pain on my right shoulder this morning which means my old injury is acting up again. It is strange though because the weather is neither cold nor is it raining which are two of the reasons to cause my old injury to act up. This time though it seem really bad because I cannot move my neck towards any side of my shoulder. Arghh! I am no stranger to pain as I have had chronic pain for several years now as a result of work related injuries which I have undergone surgery for but I really hate it when my old injuries act up because it is usually worse than the last one. I had to take pain medicine for the pain which is not really a narcotic but it usually puts me to sleep. The problem is that it could not even make me go to sleep as the pain shoots up every single time I move in bed. I ended up sleeping on the floor which puts some pressure on the back thus keeping the pain level lower.

I was hungry though when I woke up this morning so I had to cook something before I went back to sleep again. it was a good thing that I ad ground pork defrosted in the refrigerator so I quickly sauteed it and added frozen peas and corn then season it some soy sauce, freshly ground pepper, and salt. The result was really good which made even tastier with a few drops of knorr liquid seasoning (commonly sold in Filipino stores). Here is the recipe of the dish I made today...

Ingredients:

1 lb ground pork (or ground beef, if you like)
3/4 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup frozen corn
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp soy sauce (you may use less if you prefer)
2 Tbsp oil for sauteing
Knorr liquid seasoning (optional)


1. Heat pan over medium heat then add oil and heat.
2. Add shallot and garlic and saute until fragrant and translucent.
3. Add ground pork and saute. Make sure you break up large piece.
4. Cook until brown and cooked well. Note: I did not add any water as the pork will produce its own liquid when sauteed which is usually enough to make it tender but feel free to dd water if it is not tender enough.
5. Cook until all of the liquid has been absorbed then add frozen peas and corn.
6. Cook until peas and corn has been heated through and defrosted then add soy sauce.
7. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
8. Continue to saute until meat, peas, and corn is cooked well ( about 5 to 10 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter. Serve warm.
10. Optional: may serve with knorr liquid seasoning by sprinkling a few drops according to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment