Friday, November 11, 2011

Pineapple--Kalamansi Juice


Arghhh...too much stuff to do...have to finish my school assignment tonight, work on my paper for the week and go to work on top of all that...how I wish that I have around 48 hours in a day which would probably still not enough to accomplish everything that I have to accomplish. Now I am starting to rethink my decision of going back to school. I like the idea of learning new concepts which are being taught in MSN but I hate that we have a paper that needs to be turned in every single week. I cannot wait though when I start taking the core courses for nursing informatics which is the specialization that I chose. The good news is, I only have 6 more months to go before I finish MSN-informarics then another 6 months to complete the core courses for nursing education which would give me another specialization and option to teach. Hopefully by the end of 2012 I should be done. Aigoo, just thinking about another year of being in school makes me shudder. Doctoral studies? maybe, maybe not. lol... on good days, I want to proceed with further education post masters but on bad days, my brain tells me NO! hehehe


This juice is part of the power breakfast that I cooked this morning to give me the energy to tackle all that I need to accomplish today. Aside from this juice, I cooked homemade pork tocino, sliced a couple of homemade salted eggs with onion/tomato, and garlic fried rice. The recipes for salted eggs and tocino will be posted in a separate post.

Kalamansi is a citrus fruit that is found in the Philippines. It is a close relative of lemon and lime only it taste a little better (at least to me it does). Because of the moderate climate here in California, kalamansi plants thrive when planted outdoors. There aren't that many kalamansi fruits that are sold in Asian or Filipino markets though. Lucky for me, my brother in law has a huge kalamansi tree which bears a lot of fruits. He brought some when he returned the Korean drama dvds last week.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups canned pineapple juice
1/2 cup freshly squeezed Kalamansi juice
sugar to taste
4 cups water
ice cubes
sliced kalamansi for garnish

1. Combine pineapple juice, kalamansi juice, sugar, an water. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
2. Chill until ready to serve.
3. In a tall glass, add two or three ice cubes, pour some juice mixture and garnish with sliced kalamansi.

1 comment:

  1. Is it possible to use canned pineapple juice for this recipe? I got Del Monte Pineapple Juice 530ml that I bought at goods.ph (https://www.goods.ph/del-monte-pineapple-juice-530ml-13239.html), I will try this recipe for sure. Thank you for this one of a kind recipe.

    ReplyDelete